07 Jun The Best Flooring for Kids
Toddlers and young children are learning to explore their world every day. You kid-proof many parts of your home with steps like eliminating sharp corners and putting up gates around stairs — your floors should be no different. While falls, spills and other mishaps are common, you can make cleanup a breeze and minimize the damage with the right flooring.
What to Consider When Choosing Flooring for Kids
When looking at floors for kids, you’ll want maximum functionality. Consider these factors:
- Cleanliness: If you have a floor that can handle spills and messes with ease, you’ll save yourself a lot of time when it comes to cleaning and upkeep.
- Durability: Whether you’ve got little ones throwing toys or more pairs of feet contributing to daily wear, you need flooring that can withstand years of regular use.
- Safety: Prioritize a floor that is nontoxic and unlikely to retain allergens like pet dander, mold and pollen.
- Appearance: While you want a floor that lasts, you also want to love how your home looks. Thankfully, many floors look great while offering the functionality you need.
The Best Types of Flooring for Houses With Kids
Explore our top picks for kid-friendly flooring options:
- Wood flooring: Wood floors are available in a range of styles and colors. They’re easy to clean and can last for many years with the proper upkeep. You can easily sand or buff out scratches, and wood flooring doesn’t collect allergens.
- Laminate: If you want high-quality floors at an affordable rate, laminate is a great option. This flooring is scratch-resistant and easy to clean.
- Vinyl: Vinyl flooring is “childproof” because it is waterproof and is resistant to scratches. We have vinyl flooring that’s green certified phthalate-free to ensure a nontoxic surface.
If you want the softness of wall-to-wall carpeting without the hassle of cleaning it, consider adding area rugs throughout your space to protect little hands and feet. Rugs are easy to clean up, and you can easily switch them out to fit any style. We can make custom sized area rugs that have “pet protect” stain resistance warranties so it’s a much easier clean-up after spills.
Find the Right Flooring With Area Flooring & Tile, Inc.
If you’re looking for the best kid-friendly flooring options for your home, look no further than Area Flooring & Tile, Inc. As a full-service remodeling company, we’ll walk you through every step of the renovation process from start to finish — including finding the perfect flooring for children.
Call our team of experts at 224-713-2732 or contact us online to learn more or schedule an appointment today!